Friday, December 20, 2013

Specializations Preceding my Engineering Course

I am aware of a very important reality in life, that higher education is a phase where you are given the opportunity to decide on what and who you want to become.  It is this very defining phase where everything you do has a direst consequence on the kind of life that you are going to live.  Hence, armed with this foresight, I have readied my skills and expertise into finally being able to embark on a mission of reaching for my lifes goal that of majoring in Engineering Technology, with concentration on Product Development.
   
Fortunately, all of my interests have been focused on this goal.  They may be likened to an intricate system of interconnected loops, each with its own field of specialization, but nevertheless leading to the ultimate objective of Engineering Technology.  Some of them include computer software engineering, computer application engineering, Architecture, Architectural Design, 3D model design, product design, industrial design, and industrial engineering all of which are in the field that is of utmost interest to me modern technology. 
   
I believe that I have actively taken steps in preparation for this great endeavor.  I have successfully finished study courses which will be of great advantage for my task of earning the aforementioned degree.  These were CNC Programming, Machine Tool Technology, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Maya, and others that were in fact specialized trainings on their own, such as operation of CNC and other conventional machines, fabrication of mechanical parts for machine performance output improvements, and yet again, in product design.  It is my deepest aspiration that with all of these technical trainings in my possession, I may justify their purpose that of eventually finishing my intended course with excellent marks, which will result in greatly increasing my chances of having a prosperous, successful, and responsible future.  
   
I have treated my technical practicum both as a preview of what my future would offer, and as a standard of measure on how effectively I have absorbed my years of education.  In this respect, I can modestly declare that the technical trainings preceding my Engineering course have been truly successful in their purpose.  This may be evidenced during my practicum, where we I was assigned in solving advanced and complex problems as a member of an organized team.  The tasks required for us to draw from our knowledge on product design and manufacturing methods in order to arrive at an acceptable solution to the most complex of problems, which included project planning using GANTT and PERT methodologies, human factors, design aesthetics, systems methods, and group dynamics. 
   
Now that I am at the threshold on embarking for the pursuit of my lifes goal, I most certainly feel that I have prepared well.  I am aware of the rigorous curriculum that Engineering Technology presents and the extent of pursuing it in an esteemed academic institution.  However, I am also aware that I am in a particular phase of life where every action and decision that I will make, especially in relation to my education, will have a direct and commensurate consequence in my adult life.  My academic life has been in preparation for this moment to come, and I have no intention of letting the chance pass.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment