Friday, December 20, 2013

New Life, New Hope

I have always been fascinated with the products of technological advancement, and for this reason, I decided to take up computer engineering.  Aside from my knowledge of important global issue like climate change which I gained from my previous study, I believe by majoring in computer engineering, I will acquire knowledge and skills that are significant to the study of technological evolution and understanding of human existence. Completing this degree at the University of Washington is a way for me to continue my earlier work experience as a manager of an internet facility. Specifically, it is computer hardware-software development which inspires me to follow my dream of becoming a professional in computer engineering field. I believe that my objectives in life can be achieved if I will be given the chance to study such course at UW, which is an honorable academic institution. Thus, the idea of going back to school and the opportunity to study in a prestigious school like UW give me new hope that I will attain a new and improved life upon graduation.
   
Born and raised in a poor Moroccan family, life was not easy for me. I had to stop my study of physique-chemistry degree in my native land because my father could not support alone our nine-member family. I entered into a small buy-and-sell business that helped me and my father in supporting our family. My life was changed when I arrived in the United States where I have been living these past four years and eventually married an American woman who provided me with care and assistance in my education. With my wifes support and my aspiration to become a computer engineer, I survived discrimination in the country considering my different race and religion. With determination and the support of my loved ones, I aim to work hard towards realizing my dream of becoming a computer engineer. Having an education at UW will help me become competent in my chosen field and gain an edge over computer engineering graduates from other institutions. The prestige of being a UW graduate increases my chance of getting a good job afterwards hence will enable me to improve my familys way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment